Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Comfy Outside

Stores are progessively opening in my city, and the end of the obligatory quarantine is just around the corner. Sadly, coronavirus is still out there, but after 3 months of lock-down, there really isn't another option but to reactivate de economy. I'm really hoping I can keep working from home, and I intend to maintain the quarantine as much as I can and as long as it's needed. But sometimes there isn't another option but to go out. 

We get most of the things we need delivered to our house. But sometimes we still have to go to a nearby store for food or any other basic goods.
Last saturday I had to go pick up a few things we ordered and I knew beforehand it was going to be a busy and stressful day. I didn't want to give up the only day of the week I'm able to dress up, but since I was already too anxious about the idea of going it, I wasn't too motivated to do a proper coord either.

Las tiendas están progresivamente empezando a abrir en mi ciudad, y el fin de la cuarentena obligatoria está a la vuelta de la esquina. Lamentablemente, el coronavirus no ha desaparecido, pero después de 3 meses de encierro realmente no hay más opción que reactivar la economía. Por mi parte espero poder seguir trabajando desde casa, y tengo la intención de mantener la cuarentena tanto como pueda y por el tiempo que sea necesario. Pero a veces simplemente no hay otra opción más que salir. 

Usualmente obtenemos casi todo lo que necesitamos por medio de delivery, pero a veces tenemos que ir a una tienda cercana por comida o algún producto de primera necesidad. El sábado pasado tuve que ir a recoger algunas cosas que habíamos pedido, y ya sabía de antemano que sería un día ocupado y estresante. Pero tampoco quería renunciar al único día de la semana donde tengo la oportunidad de usar lolita. Sin embargo, debido a que ya de por sí ya estaba demasiado ansiosa por la idea de tener que salir, realmente no me sentía muy motivada para armar un coord tal cual.  
 



I think I have said this before but my go-to dress for lazy lolita is the black colorway of "Cherry Rose". The print has a nice balance of sweet and classic, and is also quite subtle: a simple border of pink and white flowers, and small accents of fake lace and cherries. 

You can pair this dress with any basic pieces you've got laying around and make a by-the-book lolita coord. Or you can just wear your normie clothes with it and it can pass on the streets as just a cute dress. 

So I didn't think it twice and decided to wear it for doing my errands. That way I could be productive and feel cute at the same time! 

Creo que ya lo había mencionado antes, pero el vestido que siempre uso cuando no quiero esforzarme es la versión en negro de "Cherry Rose". El print es un intermedio entre el sweet y classic, y es lo suficientemente sutil para no llamar demasiado la atención: un borde sencillo de flores rosadas y blancas, y algunos acentos de encaje falso y cerezas. 
 
Se puede combinar con cualquier prenda básica que tengas a la mano y armar un look de lo más tradicional en el lolita. O puedes usarlo con ropa normal y pasar casi desapercibido cuando lo usas en la calle. Así que no lo pensé dos veces y decidí usarlo para salir y hacer mis mandados. De ese modo podría ser productiva y al mismo tiempo sentirme bonita. 
 

Coordinate rundown:

Dress: Cherry Rose, Baby The Stars Shine Bright
Coat:  Tatienne
Blouse: Taobao
Beret: Sweet Dreamer, Taobao
Tights: basic black made of wool, offbrand
Shoes: Sosic Shop
Accesories: Moi Mor
Facemask: Just wear it and you won't have to put on makeup


The fact that it has full back shirring is just perfect for staying comfy all day long, which was my priority. I'm in no way even close to my ideal weight, so be sure this dress will adapt to a lot of body shapes. 

To be honest I'm not a big fan of the white lace on the bodice. It's pretty, but since I like to wear this dress for casual, I  have the impression a smaller one would look just as cute. Actually, I wish there was a skirt version of this print. I think it would be even more versatile, to the point it would probably become a staple in my everyday outfits. Maybe one day I will get another jsk just for the sake of altering it.   

El que tenga fruncido en toda la espalda hace que sea perfecto para sentirte cómoda todo el día, lo cual era mi prioridad. Definitivamente no estoy ni siquiera cerca de mi peso ideal, así que este jsk definitivamente puede adaptarse a varios tipos de cuerpo. 
 
Siendo sincera, no me entusiasma mucho el encaje blanco en el la parte del pecho. Es hermoso, pero ya que me gusta usar este vestido para looks más casuales, me da la impresión de que uno más pequeño se vería igual de bien y sería más discreto. De hecho, me gustaría que existiera una falda con este print. Creo que sería aún mucho más versátil, al punto de que probablemente se convertiría en un una constante en mis conjuntos de uso diario. Quizá algún día consiga otro jsk sólo para poder alterarlo. 

What's your experience with casual lolita? Do you ever use any of your pieces as part of your everyday wardrobe? Have you ever got a piece just for the sake using it for casual coords? Considering I will be staying home a lot more than before, I've been seriously thinking about it. 
Big loud prints and more fancy dresses cannot be used as frequently, even if you wear the fashion at least once a week as I do, so I've been drawn to more simple cuts, solids and small prints lately. 

¿Cuál es tu experiencia con el casual? ¿Alguna vez usas alguna de tus prendas como parte de tu guardarropa de uso diario? ¿Alguna vez has comprado una prenda sólo para armar looks casuales? Considerando que voy a pasar mucho más tiempo en casa que antes, he estado pensando bastante en eso. Tanto los prints que son muy grandes y llamativos como los vestidos que caen más del lado elegante son difíciles de usar con frecuencia, aún si usas la moda al menos una vez a la semana como yo. Así que últimamente me han estado llamando la atención los cortes más sencillos, de colores sólidos o con prints pequeños. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I love casual lolita. In fact, I'm not very active in lolita and sold most of my wardrobe but I kept some pieces I really love and wear them with normie tops, socks and shoes. Even in my prominent lolita years I would always use just cute frilly tops and shoes with lolita because for some reason I don't like how proper lolita tops / shoes /etc look on me ��

    I think casual is the perfect way to do other non lolita activities while still enjoying dressing up and your coord is super cute!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much <3
    Just like you, I think if at some point I decide to stop wearing lolita fashion that often, I will keep the things I love the most and and use them with normie clothes. I already have a secret list of the things to sell and the things to keep xD
    The best way to show your love and appreciation to a garment is using it as much as you can!

    Lolita fashion per se is not very practical for everyday life, and I agree that blouses and shoes are not always the most comfortable, and it's common to have fitting problems. Some pieces aren't really that flattering depending on your boy type and your personal taste. Since you buy most of your things online and you can't try them on first, it's always a gamble.
    So casual is a nice option to stop worrying about those things that much, specially because you can break a few rules and still look cute to your heart's content.

    ReplyDelete