Sunday, March 21, 2021

Lolita Wardrobe 2021 - Part 2 [English]

And now the second part of my 2021 wardrobe post! Again, let me know if you own any of this dresses too. Last time I found out I can twin two dresses with a girl from the local community, which is great! Hopefully, at some point, we can make it happen. I would love to see more people from my country do yearly wardrobe posts. I always enjoy looking at other people's collections. 




12. Cherry Rose - Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (2013)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-cherry-rose-jsk-set

A nice basic JSK that is really easy to mix and match. I love the border print with roses and cherries, and the fake lace details. I really need more florals in my wardrobe since it's a motif that inspires me a lot! And I think the black background makes the pinks and reds stand out quite nicely. I'm not a fan of the design of the bodice and sometimes I wished this was a skirt instead of a jumperskirt. But I have to admit I reach for this one quite a lot, specially for casual or when I don't want to make a big effort to wear lolita.


13. Mermaid in the Jewelry Box - Alice and The Pirates (2013)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/aatp-mermaid-in-the-jewelry-box-jsk

This was my first brand dress! I bought it secondhand from Wunderwelt and I remember I was really excited when I first got it because the idea of owning brand pieces was something that at the time felt too unreachable for me. To this day I really love the design, even though I still feel like my coords don't do it justice. The print features mermaids, treasure chests, ships, and other marine elements. The contrast between the lavender and sax shades with the black background is really beautiful. At this point you can tell I am drawn to black and pastel colors combinations.

14. My Sweet Mates Kumya Strawberry & Lace Millefeuille Sophy JSK - Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (2012)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-my-sweet-mates-kumya-strawberry-lace-millefeuille-sophy-jsk

My first Baby dress and the one that made me fall in love with the brand! I got obsessed with it the moment I saw it and I just had to get it. I remember I was so ecstatic the moment I finally had it in my hands I almost cried. And every time I see it I can't help to fall in love with it again and again! 
The print features Usakumya, Judy, Sophie and Lillian carrying pink strawberries and cherries. As a fan of the Kumya gang this dress is definitely on the top of my list. The color combination is perfect too. 
I used this for my birthday on 2018 and I was very lucky to find the matching hair ties just in time to complete the look. Later on, my boyfriend bought me the matching bonnet that comes with a set of detachable bows with pompoms that resemble bear ears. It's absolutely adorable. So much I just had to use it again for my birthday last year! I'm now trying to find the matching headbow so, if you ever see it, please let me know asap!


15. Apricot JSK - Angelic Pretty (2018)


Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-apricot-jsk

I accidentally got this JSK when I was browsing Lace Market, saw it was being sold for a good price, liked it, and intended to save it on my watch list but ended up bidding on it instead. Then I won the auction, and well, now it's mine! I can't say I regret it because I actually like it a lot. It's made of beautiful cotton fabric with a flower embroidery pattern that can't be captured that easily on pictures but looks really lovely in real life. The design is very reminiscent of old school dresses, so I use it when I want to go for that kind of look.


16. Sugar Bouquet Shirring Princess JSK - Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (2013)


Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-sugar-bouquet-shirring-princess-jsk-2013

This is one of the most iconic prints released by Baby! It features bouquets made of roses and strawberries combined with the brand logo. It looks a bit busy but very well balanced at the same time. The border lace is thick and feels very nice to the touch. The fact that it's a shirring princess makes it extremely comfortable to wear, and the bustle on the back is a beautiful detail.
I got it for a very good price because it didn't include the thin straps, but I think those are going to be very easy to replace. Plus, I like the halter neck more, specially now that it's summer and I can wear it without a blouse. I didn't expect to like this print as much as I do, to the point I'm now hunting an OP in one of the other colorways. 


17. Airy Frill JSK - Angelic Pretty (2018)


Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-airy-frill-jsk

I bought this dress when I visited the Angelic Pretty Paris store during my last trip to Europe. At the time I was looking for a solid black dress so, when I saw this one was still on their catalogue, I knew I had to get it. Being able to visit a physical store and try on the dresses was an amazing experience I hope I'll be able to repeat it one day! The bad thing about black dresses is that it's quite difficult to capture their more subtle details on camera, which is a shame. The design itself is quite simple yet elegant at the same time. And it's also really versatile. You can easily dress it up or down and combine it with a wide range of colors. I actually used  this dress for my college graduation ceremony, which only adds to the good memories attached to this dress.


18. Marching Toy Soldier Shirred Frill Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille (2017)


Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/meta-marching-toy-soldier-shirred-frill-skirt

I got this skirt in an attempt to try more relaxed and casual coords, specially for summer. I am aware I don't look that good in skirts, but they can be really comfortable, specially if they are fully shirred. I reach more for this one when I know I'll be staying at home or when I'll just be going out with my boyfriend or with my family. The print is really cute and fun, and combines blue and red, which is pretty much my style. It also has a nice golden lace gives the potential for more elaborated coords.


19. Trump Skirt - Putumayo (2011)


Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/putumayo-trump-skirt

I'm not sure if this skirt qualifies as lolita but I'm going to include it anyway. It's an old piece from a defunct brand, so it's basically a piece of history. When I got it I thought 5cm. weren't going to be a big deal of a differece compared to the usual length of the regular lolita skirts. Turns out it is, and this skirt is quite a bit too short. But I have to say the quality is amazing, and despite it's age it looks like new. This piece has found its way into the stream of my life, and I use it at home for casual looks, specially during summer when I don't feel like using a petti or wearing a ton of layers of clothing.

 

 Bonus: Bags!


Usuakumyas are the most adorable bags in the world and they definitely needed to be part of my wardrobe!

Usakmya Pochette - White (left): From the 2019 release. It's really adorable and matches most of my sweet outfits! I'm using it quite often lately so my boyfriend sewed a facemask for him so he can be safe when we go out.

Usakumya Smartphone Pouch (middle): This one was a birthday gift from my boyfriend who got it directly from the store, so it has a big sentimental value. I believe it actually holds more items than the regular pochettes, which makes it quite convenient. I reach a lot for this one when I go out for short strolls to the park or somewhere nearby.

Usakmya Pochette - Black (right): This one is actually my favorite one, but don't tell the others! I remeber I tried to get the Smartphone version when it was released and lost it in the bloodbath. But a few weeks later the pochette was announced and I was able to get it, which was way better than my original plan! Yay! Victory!



Ribbon Heart Bag (left) - The iconic heartshaped bag by Baby, The Stars Shine Bright, from a special release that features their logo printed on a ribbon. I can't believe this gem was sitting untouched for months in the Closet Child online store since it's one of my prettiest and most used bags!

Lolita Sweet Heart Handbag (right) - From the indie brand Enchanted Dream Wear. It's actually a really big and sturdy bag that holds a ton of items, which I'm very grateful of since lolita bags tend to be really tiny and useless. 



Shell Bag II (left) - I bought it on a whim when I saw it on Wunderwelt because it matched my Alice and The Pirates dress perfectly. Funny enough, I use it quite a lot with my normie outfits, and I'm surprised at how durable it is.

Violin Tote Bag - A tote bag from the brand Innocent World I got from a girl in my country who was leaving the style. I reach for it when I wear classic coords!

--------------------------------

And that's it! I'm not going to show my collection of shoes, socks, blouses or hair accesories since that would take forever and are not really that interesting. 

Not pictured are three dresses I recently got but haven't arrived to me yet: Honeycomb Dobby High Waist JSK by Innocent World, Lovely Poodle JSK by Angelic Pretty, and Dreaming Winter Wonderland by Cherie Cerise. They'll probably be featured in the update of my wardrobe next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment