Saturday, March 6, 2021

Lolita Wardrobe 2021 - Part 1 [English]

Is it too late to do a wardrobe post? I've been wanting to do one since forever, but I always considered my lolita closet to be too boring or too small. Right now I feel fairly comfortable with the amount of mainpieces I own considering how often I use them. Plus, documenting the evolution of my wardrobe from now on will be both useful and fun. 

This yearly wardrobe post will be splitted in two parts since I am using my dressform to display my dresses, and shooting pictures is taking me more time than what I initially expected. I hope you like it, and please let me know if by chance you own any of these dresses too!





1. Sailor Style OP - Strawberry Witch (2017)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/taobao-strawberry-witch-sailor-style-op

This was my very first lolita dress back in 2017. I had just graduated from college and for some reason I decided I wanted to give this fashion a try after many many years of admirating it from afar, but not having enough time or money for it. So I convinced my mom to buy me this dress as a "graduation gift" kind of thing and I got it custom made through the My Lolita Dres website. I believe I made the skirt a little longer than the standard, but I don't mind since it gives it a really nice classic look.
I remember quite clearly how I felt like a princess the first time I put it on! No petticoat, no shoes, nothing! But at the time it didn't matter. Surely it didn't look perfect, but it definitely felt like it. So this dress will always have a really important place in my heart.


2. Strawberry and Rabbit JSK - Alice girl (2018)



This was one of the first pieces I got when I was starting to build my wardrobe and most of my things were from Taobao. I didn't have a lot of accesories so I was mostly getting blue, red, or blue pieces with red accents since I really love those colors, even if they look like the french flag. When I saw this dress I fell in love with the bunnies, the berries, and the "country" feel it had. Later I found out this dress is actually particularly sturdy. To make it short, my cat scratched it and peed on it just before a meet up. I got quite upset that day. But my cat was very sick at the time, so when he passed away I got very attached to this dress in a weird way I can't explain. Well, I washed the dress and the scratches are almost unnoticeable, so now this jsk is perfect for all the outdoor activites.  I now can roll on the ground with it without worrying of it getting damaged!


3. Secret Airmail from Sweet Kitty JSK - Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (2015)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-secret-air-mail-from-sweet-kitty-jsk-set

Another blue and red piece that fits my french flag aesthethic perfectly. I really love the print, specially the stamp featuring a duck with a golden crown. I find it both adorable and silly. This was one of my first brand pieces when I discovered dresses with full back shirring fit me and that second hand is actuallly a very viable option. I got this from Closet Child and it definitely has seen better days. But it's still a really nice set that I enjoy experimenting with. 

 

4. Queen of Snow ~Fragment of "Eternity" I Hid in Snow Globe~ JSK I  - Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (2014)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-queen-of-snow-fragment-of-eternity-i-hid-in-snow-globe-jsk-i

This dress is the latest addition to my wardrobe! It's made with the nice textured fabric so very distinctive of Baby, which is always a plus. This print has been on my wishlist for a while and I am so glad I was able to get it in my preferred cut and coloway. It features snow globes with scenes of The Snow Queen fairy tale. Not the Frozen version but the original Andersen story. When I was a child I remember watching a japanese TV show that recreated traditional fairy tales with puppets. So this print sparks nostalgia from more innocent times long gone. 


5. Starlit Sky  - Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (2012)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-starlit-sky-jsk

I got this dress secondhand from a girl in my city that was doing a closet clearance. It's quite an old piece but I was surprised to see it was in perfect condition. The design is simple but very darling. The fabric is light and flowy, and it has silver threads that are too difficult to show in photographs but look amazing in real life. This one is my shortest dress and one of the lightest as well, so it's perfect for more relaxed summer looks. When I bought it I wasn't sure it was going to fit me and was worrying I was going to have to alter it or resell it, but I was happy to find that it fits just fine, and now it's become a pretty nice basic to have around.


6. Cheerful Lemon JSK II - Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (2018)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-cheerful-lemon-jsk-ii

My absolute dream dress! I fell in love with this print the moment it was released. Lemons are my favorite fruit in the world and I eat them almost daily and with basically everything. So a dress featuring lemons speaks directly to my soul. I specially loved this colorway with navy on the background because I enjoy contrast. But I hope one day I'll be able to get it in the other colorways too. At the time I thought I was never going to get it because I didn't have a lot of money to spend. But this release wasn't that popular, and it eventually went on sale, so I was able to buy it directly from the store along with the matching headbow. 


7. Belle Harmonie ~Melody of Resonating Wishes and Reunited Maidens~ Ribbon JSK - Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (2020)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-belle-harmoniemelody-of-resonating-wishes-and-reunited-maidensribbon-jumper-skirt

I've talked more in depth about this dress in my previous post, so go check it out! It was part of my 2020 BTSSB and AaTP Lucky Pack. It's not something I would have picked out myself because it has a really "princessy" look. But I'm so very glad I got it, since I was needing something like this in my wardrobe. The print features big windows, flowers, butterflies, and different shades of pink and lavender. The whole scene reminds me a lot of Rapunzel in the tower, which adds to the princessy feel. I haven't had the chance to use it yet because I think it has to be a very special occasion, which will probably be on my birthday in a few months. 


8. Little Rabbit's Sparkly Droplet Rendezvous ~ Ribbon JSK - Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (2016)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-little-rabbits-sparkly-droplet-rendezvous-set

This dress was part of a Lucky Pack set released in 2016, and was included for a second time in some Lucky Packs from 2018. I actually got it from a girl who was reselling hers after getting it in this 2018 Lucky Pack. It's definitely the most typically sweet looking dress I own, and for the longest time I wasn't very comfortable using it because I've always believed I look bad in pastel colors. But I've experimented a lot with this dress and I've slowly been gaining some confidence, and I'm no longer afraid of using it. Actually, it's because of this dress that I fell in love with mint x pink combinations, to the point I'm soon going to paint my room with this colors in mind!


9. Princess Wardrobe Pinafore JSK - Metamorphose Temps de Fille (2014)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/meta-princess-wardrobe-pinafore-jsk-set

I absolutely adore this dress, I mean, how can you not love dress with a print featuring dresses? It uses that thick textured fabric I love so much, and the combination of grey and pink is perfect. This is what I use when I want to go for a more mature pastel sweet look. 
I  got this very cheap from Closet Child because it was missing the waist ribbon and the elastics of the back were broken, but they were easily replaceable, and now I have an amazing beautiful dress. 


10. The Funeral - Violet Fane (2020)

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/indie-the-funeral-jsk

I also posted a review about this dress so you should go check it out! I have admired this print for a long time and was finally able to get it during last year's re-release as a birthday gift for myself. It does need some minor fixes because it's actually a little bit too big for me. This is also my longest dress, but that's something I appreciate because it looks quite classy when worn. I can't wait for more occasions to use it because I have a lot of coords in my mind for it.


11. Rococo Story - Neverland by Soufflesong (2018)


This dress makes me mad because in photographs looks amazing but in real life you can tell by the feel and construction that it's quite a cheap dress. I know I shouldn't complain, since I bought this new for extremely cheap (around $ 30), and I should have expected it to not be the best quality. I keep it because it's my only piece of this style and I've been able to do nice coords with it anyway
But because I was so disappointed with this dress, I haven't bought any mainpieces from Taobao ever since. 


12. British Regimental Stripe Ribbon Dress Set - Metamorphose Temps de Fille (2019) 

Lolibrary Link: https://lolibrary.org/items/indie-the-funeral-jsk

When this was released I got extremely obsessed with it, like, you have no idea how fixated I was on this set. There's something about the timeless design and classic pattern that really appeals to me. But because I don't often buy new I was really dubious about purchasing it. And then it sold out. The End.
BUT! Meta is the best brand and they often re-stock, so after sulking for it for so long, I made up my mind and bought it...and even at a slightly discounted price! 



And basically this was the first part of my lolita wardrobe. In the next post I will cover all my black mainpieces, the very few skirts I own and maybe some accesories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment